Who is an Authorised Representative?

If your company is located outside EU-European Union, then you require an Authorised Representative to represent you in EU. We provide this service through our offices in UK and Netherlands. Directives of MDD, AIMD, IVDD, PED, ATEX require that the manufacturer who is sitting outside the European Union appoints an EAR who can represent him to the national authorities.

An EU EAR is a legal or natural person established in European Union, who is explicitly declared by the manufacturer (typically manufacturers outside EU), to be responsible for his obligation towards the national authorities.

Duties of Authorised Representative include:

  • Informing competent authorities of his registered place.
  • Keeping all technical information at the disposal of national authorities.